Friday, May 1, 2015

Vinnie and the Vietnam War

Sean S, Vinnie, and Riki L. (Photo taken by Greta W)
About a month ago, at the end of the day, I was chatting with Vinnie (everybody's favorite custodian), and he mentioned that he'd been watching some documentaries about the Vietnam war. He told me that his father was a Vietnam veteran, and he wanted to know more about what his father had experienced. 

Since my students had just finished reading Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried, I asked Vinnie if he wanted to borrow a copy. He did. We had a couple conversations about his reactions to the stories in that collection, and I thought it might be cool if some of my students interviewed Vinnie about his thoughts on the book, the war, and his father. Riki L and Sean S volunteered to do this, and Riki wrote about it. I hope you'll read her post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment