Monday, November 14, 2016

Flashback: "A Monstrous Manifesto"

A little more than three years ago, my AP Lit class read Catherine Valente's poem "A Monstrous Manifesto" and then decided to perform it for the Upper School at morning assembly. I was glad to help them get ready to do that, and I eagerly agreed to put aside our scheduled curriculum for a few days so they could practice. Their performance was very powerful, and I am still extremely proud of them.



I think the poem is still very relevant today, and you can read about the students' process and their rationale for performing the poem here. They also performed it for the Middle School, which you can read about here.  


What can you do to help others, to be a good friend, to make everyone feel included? 

No comments:

Post a Comment