After the Disturbing Developments I recorded in my previous post, I received a number of interesting replies and messages. Having no loyal Watson at my side, I feel a bit "lost without [a] Boswell," as the Great Detective was known to have said upon at least one occasion. (Let's see who's paying attention: 1 point to the first member of the class of 2015 who can identify the source of, explain the meaning of, and clarify the allusion in, that quotation.) I alone must catalog and archive for posterity a growing collection of artifacts and items of evidence. In addition to the Photo in Question, the Advertisement, the Curious Gift, the Friendly Missive, the Small Sign, the Charming Book, and the Troubling Email, I submit the following items for your consideration, Dear Readers:
|Señora's photo (thank you!) |
from the lunch line; note
the back-view of Señor's
- A taunting reply to Part Four from Mr Johnson (Middle School) in which he claimed to have had "Lady Slipper Soup" for lunch, served up in our own kitchen by Chef Korach himself! (I shudder to think of what might be included in such a stew!)
- An email from Señora Stuchis which included a photo of the Menu Board with its brazen advertisement of a vegetarian "Lady Slipper Special." Her message also informed me that Mr Diener (Prime Suspect #1) had been on duty, serving lunch to the Middle
I went to the Cafeteria myself this
morning to investigate & take a
close-up of the Menu Board
- A reminder from Mr Lockhart that there is a "Lady Slipper Lodge" at Gooseberry Falls State Park, where Mr Diener works on the weekends.
- A note from Ms Kiero reporting on an interesting exchange that took place during a Math Department Meeting, in which Ms Oswald asked Ms Momsen if she were "the ONE," to which Ms Momsen replied with a definite "No."
- Information from Brent L (the first of my F-Wing Irregulars): Brent reports that Mr Pearson, while reading the morning announcements to his class, added the clause "and be sure to bring a Lady Slipper" to his reading of my notice about today's GSA meeting. Brent took this as an opportunity to ask Mr Pearson if there were in fact a Math Department conspiracy in the works, to which Mr Pearson enigmatically replied: "he who points a finger finds three pointed back at him." (Is this a threat, I wonder? I shall watch my back!)
- A lengthy reply from the kindly but ever-calculating Ms Ball, a screenshot of which is reproduced below, and to which I replied with an epistle of my own, reproduced below that.
|The Lengthy Reply|
|My Epistle in response to the Lengthy Reply|
In the Epistle above, note how I may have narrowly escaped ingesting a possibly poisonous brew, proffered in the spirit of friendship. As I close this post, I am preparing to take a walk around the school, to look for more clues and to check my mailbox in the Main Office...