Something about this poem made me think of The Lovely Bones, but everybody should watch it.
And then there's this, from RadioLab, about what actually happens inside a chrysalis...it's fascinating (and a spring-time topic).
From Cory Fechner, "Grand Marais Drone Ice Fly Over":
I listen to a number of public radio shows, when I have time, and here are links to some of them:
- "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me" is a lot of fun
- Michael Feldman's "Whad' Ya Know?" is a great alternative to Prairie Home Companion
- Krista Tippett's "On Being" is often interesting
- Lynne Rossetto Kasper's "The Splendid Table" (maybe I'll make this for lunch next week…or maybe this…)
- "The Moth Radio Hour" is always interesting
- "Wits"with John Moe
- "This American Life" should be required
- "Fresh Air" with Terry Gross
- "StoryCorps" is also pretty cool
Remember that conference Madame Greenan and I went to last summer in Memphis? Well, we just found out we're going back again this summer, to give a presentation on what it was like to go through our first year of the 1:1 program.
|Yep, that's us in the conference program...|