Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Miscellany

"Monday Miscellany" posts contain lots of links to a variety of sources that I find interesting...

Something about this poem made me think of The Lovely Bones, but everybody should watch it.

And then there's this, from RadioLab, about what actually happens inside a chrysalis...it's fascinating (and a spring-time topic).


You might have seen this on the Duluth News Tribune's website, but here's the DNR Eagle Webcam feed (I couldn't find a way to embed it, or I would have).

From Cory Fechner, "Grand Marais Drone Ice Fly Over":


Grand Marais Drone Ice Fly Over from Cory Fechner on Vimeo.

I listen to a number of public radio shows, when I have time, and here are links to some of them:


Remember that conference Madame Greenan and I went to last summer in Memphis? Well, we just found out we're going back again this summer, to give a presentation on what it was like to go through our first year of the 1:1 program.  


Yep, that's us in the conference program...
And, to whet your appetites for the Random Acts of Shakespeare,  coming up in April (does anyone know why April would be the appropriate month?), I give you this--one of my favorites from the past…Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. April is the appropriate month because Shakespeare was born and died during that month. It is believed that he was born on April 23, 1564 and it is known he died on April 23, 1616. I was also born on April 23rd!

    ReplyDelete